Monday, January 14, 2008

basement art attack


I'm not even sure if I sleep anymore. I believe that I only shut my eyes only to begin a mental breakdown just inside of me. It leaves me feeling sick and tired in so many ways that it can be very hard to embrace any new grounds at all really. As a result, I'm not that engaged into the aspects of anything exterior. For instance, the political art world. I think I am becoming more and more familar and yet more foreign to it at the same time. It's difficult to explain. As I warned, no doubt the exhibition became the version most believed to be accurate in my last post.

Last Saturday evening I arrvied at the Babylon Nightclub for Bonanza II. It was my 3rd show and 2nd art display at this venue since September 2007. Given the likelihood of the scenario, first you may think 'Yeah, Babylon Nightclub, what a drabby layout.'. In all the honesty and forthrightness concerned, you would wonder: who is this guy thinking he could get involved into the 'art world' through a such place that mainly caters to... alcoholics? I do have to say, a plethora of people do actually attend whether they cater to the toxic beverages or not... but personally I'm not seeing how it attributes easily to the sale of art. Some would be especially hard pressed to believe anything of a completly different visual motif would come to life straight from the depths of a nightclub. But if you have attended or have the intention of doing so, it can't be argued that there is a wide range of young and very talented artists right here in Ottawa that can or already are generating a stir in the world of artistic expression and exploration. Today, it is places like these where on occassion, you can find a generation of new artists.



So you know, my prints are now available: 4" x 6" in. ($20) and 11" x 14" in. ($40) sizes. I have to thank the professional effort by my print-photographer, Andre Paquette who has done a amazing job this past week. Anyone who has seen my paintings would realize that there are a lot of layers to be lost if one were to only stare at just a photograph of them. Despite the heavy texture he still managed to retain the purity of my work quite well. To each of you who appreciated my art display, I can't thank you enough. Be sure to get in touch or make it to my next show. I have a couple in arrangement perhaps this month and in February at the Mercury Lounge. I'll post more information when I get the details. Until then, it's in and out on a routine basis. Patiently waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home