Wednesday, October 03, 2007

bewildering charm

What a crying shame, it has been over a few days and there's nothing I can say or do but crawl to a halt at times. A life in painting can be sometimes comparable to molasses. That's very unfortunate especially if your days are determined by a exterior motif. Would you think it reasonable to blame speed and stability or time and effort for such indignation?

Before getting inextricably tanlged, tomorrow evening I'm eliminating any strange gain on a new art piece in favour for the bewildering charm of drunk mindless people. None to worry. Given what I spend the majority of my time on, and elsewhere, you’d think it a possibility that I might bring something else up other than making art. And yet I am always surprised when people find it shocking when I say, in the wriest smile, that doesn't really exist in the world... I'm painting the town red. Later on I may reflect on this and offer a new observation but until then I just gotta remain cognizant of the fact that the bare essentials i.e: a pair of lungs and spine, amongst other things, will somehow keep me able to record another reaction to my surroundings.

As a side note for viewers and artists alike, it’s important for you to remember that there are events to attend this October. The following local art shows that will capture both your attention and imagination. Having said that, I'm not a part of the presentations myself (lest to my knowledge) but if you're interested in the attending along with, drop me a line.


The Heatskores" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Sunday, October 21, 2007 at 8:00pm
Blend of music and art with Toronto band "The Heatskores", Ottawa bands, "Hell Bros" and Vanier Shank and Goddamn Goddamns. Aswell, you'll have the pleasure of seeing several artists and photographers.

Vernissage - The Buzz Restaurant
Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 6:00pm
Mix and mingle with three emerging local artists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home