Monday, September 24, 2007

skewered on the end


My goal has always been to highlight the darkest aspects of our world. As I sit here, I figure it is Evil. It is as Evil as one can get, is it not? Enduring empty hours spent in futility. Finding it difficult at this time to become something of a refreshing being. I seem only capable of getting online to check email and what not rather than doing nothing at all. Being here in the now and concentrating on the next show has left me somewhat ironically, fatigued in excuse.

Things are going to change soon, I always state, yet most of the attributes have yet to start running (i.e: paypal or photos of my artwork). I have to admit, I don’t know, there’s just something about doing artwork, that for me, feels a lot more like layering bricks with cement. It will make your structure last longer. Sure. But, let me say this, because it is impossible to really understand if you're a complete stranger to art. From the on set of compiling the right tools and allowing the ideas to clarify, in my case, I have already spent an hour... maybe two if a extended moment is in session. While in the painting process, let alone passing judgment constantly on the artwork, before you know it the inherent art piece has changed (again, maybe twice or three times even) and has already ate away through an entire nights sleep or weekend.

Many of you might see it as wholly negative to have this attitude on a daily basis, but I am somehow of that nature, nothing could be further from the truth. If I were not to spend as much time writing on this website, facebook, or other I would be doing my artwork. At times even I give into the fatigue or concern before I even have the chance to address my issues head on without fear or how I might portray it at the time.

I imagine the ghosts that drop by my room are off doing post-summer things. As for me, I cannot argue, I suppose if I had a more eventful day there would’ve been a little more activity, but I am off getting heavier and show no sign of letting up. Anyway, for those of you who want to know what I did this weekend, I attended Chris Stewarts' house party on Saturday. He, along with his wife Allison had recently overcome what I consider to be impossible. To explain it without providing more than the necessary context, they remade their whole Bathroom and I along with many others were invited to take part in the celebration.

Make no mistake about it, fun times were had by all. I had my first s'mores marshmallow sandwich roasted directly over an outdoor fire in his backyard. It was a real treat. Please note: If you saw, or yet to have seen the photos direct from their bathroom, it's just pretend. As if all my gentlemanly graces had vanished. I do warn you, some of the photos I had taken are nothing short of appalling. Come to think of it, for some it definitely may work in more ways than I can imagine. So, if you do see it, please leave a comment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Stewart said...

It wouldn't be a party without you. Thanks for comming.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Kelly Catpennies said...

those photos are awesome, really.

Friday, September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home