Tuesday, September 04, 2007

rhytidectomy


As flat and commonplace I found acrylic it to be, I simply became more and more interested in using heavy amounts of texture to create a seductive form of complex imagery. As I intergrated away from the more traditional application I was spurred into creating an even more decorative piece I call Rhytidectomy. It was intially inspired by a glimpse of The Joker from one of my favourite comic books/films, Batman. What I implemented into the painting were mainly the features that facinated me most and I contrasted these elements from the rest with great importance. You can say it kind of took on a life of it's own unlike the character villian itself because of my need to combine materials (i.e: thread for sewn facial details and a zipper across his lips). It is now a harbinger of thoughts and feelings symbolically more akin to find a narrative device. If you're interested in discussing my piece further, please feel free to contact me through e-mail.

Rhytidectomy
Prints (w/Mat) are Available for Sale:

Print measuring 04" x 06" - Price: $20.00 CDN
Print measuring 11" x 14" - Price: $40.00 CDN
Original Canvas 24" x 30" - Price: N/A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home