Monday, July 10, 2006

culprit of the times

We are passing one another in a weird phenomenon of our own. We live in a world that is smaller now than ever before. Here we are, a myriad amount of us congregated in densely populated urban establishment and centres. Nerveless and incompatible we are apart in aloof dignity.

It's funny how I for my sometimes immerse myself in places I often despise and entirely live in contradiction of my own explainations, this past weekend, my words would have lasted were it not for me being invited to spend the night out with a fellow few. We went out on the attempt to squeeze ourselves into the sorts of places that are so loud that you can’t make out a single word that anyone says. Perplexed, I questioned if this were proper for meeting people. Although I may be a factor without having everyone in my surroundings to blame for the less than social occasions, I too consider myself far from saving any silence, a cynical culprit of the times in reclusive body. But it seems to me, even as though I am infeasible without a sense of reason for wanting to frequent these places alike, it may also be precisely why I am not to expect to carry on what could be construed as an adult or otherwise intelligent in-depth conversation with another for rapport. That’s probably why some of the most overtly sexually attired men and women on the planet are found in these places that are so loud that it’s next to impossible to hear yourself think.

More important than the obscuring of your own thoughts and reducing the opportunity for great "connections," the thing about bars and or clubs is how they foster the ability to be who you think you should be. You can dress up, have a cold one and laugh, leaving everything serious at home and play. It’s temporary companionship for when you maybe don’t want something meaningful. For those who look for something more in a night out to the bar... I think that’s often because nothing else has worked. We live in a culture where irony and sarcasm are cool and to be genuine and express affection ‘too quickly’ suddenly means you’re desperate and undesirable. If going out or dating have become all about playing games, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that people dress up as prostitutes in the hopes that they’ll win something real with longevity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Saturday, July 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home