Wednesday, March 22, 2006

accelerated voyeuristic age


Nothing. I haven't been sleeping well I’m afraid. Unrecognized cries. Lonelineless ignored. Love is my pain and my pleasure that I will treasure until the day I die. I am watching myself slipping by. I am enduring torture worse than death itself and vanishing. The pain and the sorrow, I ask myself, just one more day at a time. I decline every opportunity to end this self-imposed nightmare. Darkness… taking over…imprisoning me until all I see is absolute horror. A horror. I cannot live. I cannot die. Trapped. I am the master. I am the puppet. I am the type of person who still lives on fantasy island.

Ah, were I to admit to one great mistake besides this blog, or subsequent versions of it, it would be that I have allowed myself to be far too accessible to distraction. Should I feel any better that I live behind closed doors? Over the past, this is something that I, and those closest to me, have addressed and I’ve fought against it by removing a vast majority of content from myself over time, albeit the web, it may not be that of what is altogether.

I know there are those that claim that people in my position should expect incivilities if, and when, I dare to allow others if but a glimpse of myself. I have always found that assertion to be not merely ridiculous, but indicative of an immaturity bizarrely regarded as precious by a great many people. Civility is not something that is abandoned by those that would claim themselves intelligent or decent once they step away from a computer. Being online is, as far as I am concerned, no excuse.


We live in an accelerated, voyeuristic age. That being the case, I believe this blog serves a purpose, which is to allow me a place to comment on current events and share articles that I have found interesting or poignant. I may, on occasion, write about my day to day life of emptiness in muse or the weather but I don’t think that it will be a staple feature. In the days to come I hope time will help amend the page to reflect the focus of the blog so that it’s clearly defined as something other than my sailboat escapist vehicle what have you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dane, Dane, Dane...

Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? I am still watching. Reading. Laughing. You are similar to every 16 year old girl who has gone as far as cutting themselves. You are lonely? Do something about it. Stop this whining... You're 21 for christ sake.

I saw V For Vendetta last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I was also quite amused by the South Park clip you posted recently. I know what you're thinking, "Is this guy actually being nice?!"

I know this comment won't get through, so I acknowledge that it is merely a letter to you. Although I feel that moderating comments is a denial of free speech, one of the very things I believe you respect, I will not complain.

Nice green jacket by the way. Is that one of the Aboriginal Justice ones? You don't have to answer that. But how could you anyway...

Saturday, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I stand corected. How generous of you Dane! Free speech is back!

Saturday, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

corrected*

That's right, I'm human, I make spelling errors.

Saturday, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home