Thursday, February 16, 2006

jettison commentary

Where and how do you bring yourself to draw a line? If you were to give anyone the choice between facing silence in order to feel safe or freedom of expression of an ideal belief to which your personal security is at risk, which do you think they’d choose? And if the answer is expression but with having to worry about being violated, how do you then justify anyone in attendance throwing something at them that could result in any type of injury?

You can’t. Nor should anyone ever be placed in the position of having to choose between them.


That’s right, I’ve removed my commentary due to some unsavoury characters lurking beneath my wing. It’s sad to say what some will go through, but personal information had been leaked. I’ll shoot straight with you and also admit that the divisiveness and thinly veiled bigotry that I have seen displayed in some of the comments is very disheartening way and has left me somewhat numb after falling into a complete nervous wreck.

Anything that represses the growth and protection of civil liberties, proper human rights standards, and the people’s ability to actively participate in government or social concern is completely unjust and immoral. But let’s also not ignore the complexities of how a multitude of nations and peoples throughout the world do the same thing, even though to many they appear to be defenders of such principles. While what has taken place over the past has been very troubling to say the least, it is simply a piece in a much larger puzzle. It’s the sort of reckless behaviour that has consequences.

I’ll be honest and admit that I’ve spent a great deal of time thinking about my future here in the blog. Scaling things down seems an good answer, so perhaps that’s what will be done. If you’re at all curious as to what I’m finding interesting on a daily basis, please feel free to continue visiting and sending your personal commentary via email.

The truth of the matter, when you get right down to it, is that I can sit here until I’m green or blue in the face and say that I deserve the right to do my work without facing the possibility of being endangered, just as anyone else does. But for some reason there’s a group out there that doesn’t seem to agree. So let me put it another way.


Why do you have so little respect for yourself that you’d invade a complete stranger and not think it wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home