Friday, January 13, 2006

stop that. that looks dangerous.

It's all about the cheddar. I must say my stupid monitor wasn’t working, and then I found I had forgot to put my glasses on... but everything's back to normal now. I now wonder what will capture my mood. Only one question now remains. Should I bang my head against the wall until my skull cracks and my brain, sensing its only chance to escape the vile reality of Canada of the new millenium, leaks out onto the floor? Or should I go out into the street, find some worthless shill, knock him to the ground, and then kick him until he stops moving?

Against my better judgement, I watched about an hour of the debate the other day. Afterwards, I tried to think of any new information I had gained and could only come up with Paul Martin's out of the blue announcement that the Liberals would remove the Federal Government's ability to use the notwithstanding clause. Maybe the lack of new information just reflects me paying a fair bit of attention to politics, I'm not sure. I just hope I don’t come out at as apathetic.


I applaud the intentions of the platform writers who, I assume, tried to reach out to young Canadians by making the platform into a game. Alas, young Canadians are likely to prefer Grand Theft Auto to the game of 'Where's Policy?', the written equivalent of 'Where's Waldo'. As I understand it, from my abortive attempt to read the platform as a statement of policy intentions, the point of the game is to uncover concrete plans for what the Conservatives or Liberals would do if elected, sifting through mountains of empty rhetoric, feel-good phrases, rehashes of previous announcements and self-congratulory historical cherry-picking. I think I’ll go NDP just for the sake of knocking the ice off my shoulder on our fellow two. Anywhere it lands, I predict our new government will announce, "This time we are prepared like ninjas."

What is the ordeal, what's transpiring? To answer your questions, I have been thinking about trying to find me some rabbits. I know they're out there, you can see their tracks. Primary impediment being that you have to wake up very early or one of the foxes will steal your rabbit. Foxes have stole my rabbits before. Weasels have stolen my fish before. You get used to it. Moral opposition is welcome and I've been skinny as a vegetarian for years. In the past, I know they're right but I literally can't see a difference between killing something or using whatever money to do it for you behind the scenes save that killing it yourself is better because you know you're humane by supposedly saying thanks and mother nature as it helped provide for you. The natives have this thing about cutting out the middleman. If anyone has anything after that then go ahead, it's probably bourgeois drivel though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home