Wednesday, January 11, 2006

interior designer

Last night I blew my back and shrank 3 inches over night. Now I’m out of my head on muscle relaxants. Moving in new furniture, assembling, and creating new room fixtures can be tiring all in one night. It could all become quite exhausting. Not to say that it will all together keep me away from my blog. My somewhat competetive nature (were I to become, yes, even a more avid blogger) would have me delving into a variety of activities I wouldn't otherwise be interested in just so I could produce sentences in interest of those who actually like reading... "…friday night I did my rounds, and then went skydiving naked just for the hell of it. While falling I figured it's entirely possible that I blew part of my left occipital lobe out of my nose when I sneezed. I feel less somehow." At any rate - even if that were true, it wouldn't really be true, unless it actually became true, and then I wouldn't really want it to be true anymore.

Two years ago I began submersing myself into film making with due interest in developing my own ideas. This has yet to make progress. Yet, I must say, you do find out some things about the late 1960’s 16mm film stocks. At the time they were still improving. Silent 16mm cameras were getting lighter and more portable. Sometime later someone realized that it’s no longer necessary to have an enormous crew to make films while still maintaining the minimum tolerable technical standard (which ultimately became known as “broadcast quality” – a term so relative, and rapidly evolving as to be virtually meaningless today [if some chump will broadcast it – it’s broadcast quality]). Using this discovery as ammunition, a whole slew of documentary filmmakers started making low budget “window on the world films,” where they abstain from the traditional voice of God narration, and ‘simply record what’s going on from an impartial and honest perspective.’ While some great films materialized, this movement was, of course, more than a little bit full of shit. There’s no such thing as objective cinema! People quickly realized that the filmmaker’s editorial input is inextricable, and basically the movement fizzled…except that somehow, rather than disappearing, this pattern is repeating itself.

Aside from the obvious reality T.V. craze, look at what I’m doing right now! I figure my blog is not so distant. Here we are in the early 21st century and computers are improving. Digital cameras are cheap, small and readily available. The technology behind maintaining a weblog has been reduced to a process so embarrassingly simple that soon every narcissist will be broadcasting each and every banal thought that crosses their infinitesimally small minds, and I fear that this is all still in it’s infancy.
And yet here I sit, still contributing to this big mess of information that just swirls around aimlessly until it accidentally finds itself splattered across the screen of some other bored soul frustrated by having to read this instead of the article they were originally looking for. Sorry.

Sometimes it is hard to resist making up little stories for people when you have such limited knowledge about them. I want to know these people, but all I have is my little imagination to help me out. It would be a little impolite to ask. And, furthermore, I don't really have an interest in getting to know them. I am a busy man. Those of whom have recent interest in my activities will be contacted on the basis of whether or not you will be beneficial. Until then, I recommend staying tuned, on the hour, by the hour, everyday, and in everyway.


The world’s so full of leaks that something must surely be sinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home