Monday, October 31, 2005

halloween is based on the weather

She knows my rule. She knows all my rules. A while back we got into a fight and she complained that my rules were obnoxious and contradictory, so, I went through them and sure enough she was right. So I edited out the ones that were incredibly unfair, as well as the ones that were contradictory. And last night she hinted that she wanted to go steady with me and I gave her the book and she read it and I knew she read it because she never replied.

It wasn’t a nice weekend. It wasn’t kiss the pretty girl weekend. It wasn’t hang out with your best friend weekend. It wasn’t stand by your window watching the air grow stale kind of weekend. It wasn’t eat a taco in the park weekend. But I did have a goodnights rest. Yes, yes.

There are many benefits to Halloween I suppose, but we all know what they are. How North America gets away with what it does is amazing. Being an avid reader of the blogosphere gives me the twisted idea that the public actually supports it, but its obvious that they do it because they get paid to, or because they like the attention. If you cant be Batman may as well been the Joker, or as a matter of fact, yourself, because there is nothing scarier than that sorta thing.

So how about Halloween? Lets reminisce a tad. Back in the day, growing up here in Ottawa one had to pick his Halloween costume based on the weather. You had to figure out how to dress up, stay warm and at the same time still look like a Mutant Ninja Turtle instead of a Fat Albert. So one day I was Jake Blues of the blues brothers because I could put long Johns under my suit, one day I was a hobo because I could wear lots of clothes at one time, and then one Halloween was really warm so I dressed me up as a woman. It was that Halloween that I understood the skill it takes to walk in heels.

Wait, it wasn’t on Halloween. It was in April.


Amazing.

Some of you are not photo junkies, and thats cool, but that doesnt mean that you can’t have your pics on here. What I would like to do is have a little Halloween gallery so here’s how you can participate: email your Halloween pics to daneatkinson@hotmail.com and bam they will end up in my dealie. Hope you had a Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home