Monday, November 21, 2005

global march for the climate with troop 666

Ottawa Area Actions, Events & Meetings: Everyone is Welcome. Join the GLOBAL MARCH FOR THE CLIMATE in Montreal, December 3rd.

A United Nations Climate Change Conference is meeting in Montreal from Nov. 28-Dec. 9. March on Dec. 3 to demand strong action against climate change. People will be marching around the world, and Montreal is at the source.Take a bus from Ottawa to the march...


Date: Dec 3, 2005

Time: Meet at 9:30 a.m., and the bus leaves at 10 a.m. for the 12 noon rally. The bus leaves Montreal at 4 p.m. should be back for 6 p.m.

Where: St. Laurent Shopping Centre (near highway 417, St. Laurent exit) in front of Sears. Meet at the north-west corner of the parking lot, at Ogilvie/St. Laurent Blvd.

Cost: $16.00 per seat

To reserve: Contact dougthorne@sympatico.ca. If you book a seat, you are responsible for your ticket so only firm commitments please! For more information on the march at 3dec2005.org/Montreal-2005-United-Nations.

I've been busy cross posting this entire entry, for those with interests held in the fight for a future, or without, please consider the fact that you are living in world of violent legacy against our planet. Take some time to consider looking up this roadtrip into peaceful protest (least not chaos) and lend your support. As for me, I only wish I could.

Really.

I smelled my girlfriends head, which I kiss often as an excuse to inhale her halo, gives me a kind of terrified joy--the simultaneous death of my own ego with the warmth of her soft temples, and a fear of uncontrollable events that could harm her in spite of my protection.

I have a morbid preoccupation with death, which was planned upon with a silly adolescent flair for romance and effecting performance, only gets bigger and more real and awful. I don't want to die, because I don't want to leave her, but my own death is a given eventuality, and I'll have to learn to accept it. Hers, however, I can never accept. She is alive now, and she will be alive forever, whether or not I'm around to nod in approval. I want to work towards giving her this imperfect world, to be sucked on by greedy leeches and drowned by melting glaciers, but she will live forever because she is good and beautiful.

Anytime I get up before sunrise and suffer through the groggy, half-nauseas feeling of being up earlier than my body wants to be, I think about those days. More than just think about them, really. It actually feels like I’m getting ready to go on a big adventure as a member of a disorderly bunch of misfits known as Boy Scout Troop 666.

Today the adventure is work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home