Saturday, October 15, 2005

through the looking glass

Last night I had seen David Usher live. The last time I was in a concert I remember the feeling that I'd somehow leapt through a movie or TV screen and was inhabiting this environment that I'd only know through a film or TV. It was all eerily familiar because I recognised it from the films of Woody Allen, Scorsese, Spike Lee and numerous others. I would have myself set in front of the live audience and it was kind of like I'd stepped onto a film set and was living it for real.

David looked like he was in his early 30's, shaggy black hair, good looking but a bit rough. When he kneeled down from his performance ready for some rest and a little intimacy with his fan based audience he noticed there was no one there except for this guy resting his head above everyone elses, whom else but I. "I feel like we should get together and have a party..." he said.

"There's only one thing to do: House Party and unleash the wildest powered pajama bash since the invention of cool." I replied in a drawl.

"Yeah, you can be Kid, I'll be Play yet except all I need now is a whole lot of gel to stick up my hair yay high," David replied.

"I'm starting a hippy revolution," I replied in full earnestness.

"Ok...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home