Thursday, October 06, 2005

scapegoats for pleasure

"You want our Jazz Fest, you want our Mardi Gras, you want our cooking and our music. Then when you saw us in real trouble, when you saw a tiny minority preying on the weak among us, you called us `Sin City,' and turned your backs." - Novelist Anne Rice, who was born and raised in New Orleans.
We all hear voices, but really. George Bush had claimed to have heard God instructing him to invade Iraq in 2003. Is it fact or is there an international conspiracy involving the BBC, Nabil Shaath, and Mahmoud Abbas to make George Bush look dumber than he already looks? One has to ask oneself – is that possible?

In the dead of the night, I’m altogether incoherent and disrespectful. I guess that makes me autonomous. "Advertisements??....there??....seriously?? No... that doesn't interest me, and no, I won't pay whenever I want anonymous....something......meh.....uuh... Maybe if you actually read my blog you'd know that....I don’t know......rimjob.....Who is this!?.... Sharon!? Oh man, I'm sorry! Honey....sorry....please, wait. (click)."

I've just always been stubbornly independent-minded -- even when it wasn't necessarily in my best interest. I hated school. I dropped out and went out on my own path, now I’m working two, what I consider, low-end (paying) jobs (in retail and in government office administration). My desires for this life are relatively simple. Ok that's bullshit, the little things are complex, like what I want in a significant other or what I want for lunch. Regardless. All I want overall is that when I tell the story of my life, that I should never have to supplement my tale at any part with "And then I found 5 dollars."

I'm working on it.

It's amazing how we go through life without a coherent thought to cling to. All our energy goes to this goal-strapped future. No one ever thinks about the present. We constantly strive for that future until death awaits us outside on the porch, then we wish only for our younger past. The future should be an important part of our thoughts, but the present urgency needs help.

Take New Orleans. Important people who have the ability to help those in need are only concerned with rebuilding the future. They're only concerned with making New Orleans into the new corporate paradise. The people of the present, the people of New Orleans suffer for this.

It's funny how the first thing to be put into place was the oil rigs and shipping yards. It just goes to show you what's more important.I don't blame the system, or the fat white businessman, or even George W. Bush, I blame the human's need for greed, the human's need to get it's own with no concern for anyone or anything else unless a dead president adorns it's green face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home