Wednesday, October 12, 2005

commensurate experience

"Personal problems are much more meaningless when you bring things into perspective" most would say. Take the natural disaster scenario for example, we are all but sitting ducks, watching as tragedies seem to bring people together, even those that dislike one another. One could only imagine what we could be accomplished if we were unwilling to wait for it to arrive. Than again, what would we human beings accomplish if we weren't human beings with faults to live and learn from those mistakes? Bit of a paradox.

It all seems baffling like my employment schedule. “You don’t have to work in the evening?” she asked. “Um, no. Not today. I need to work on a project followed by a few other things to try to get something going, but otherwise, No.”


I’ve been reading up on Tibet, and I have found there are many misunderstandings of the real things that happened there in the mind of most westerners, because what they can read in the newspapers, books and what they watch on TV programs about Tibet is full of political bias. As for my writing assignment upon the land of exile, I continue with the intent not to "correct" all those points of view. Then again, like most would tend to agree, I just don’t think anyone should jump to conclusions without actually going to see what it is with your own eyes, to feel it with your own heart, and then record it with your own camera and pen of deep impressions.


Entries have been few, let me explain. A few days ago it was thanksgiving holiday. I fell off a tree I had climbed while shooting in Gatineau park. My ribs had been crushed between rocks and sinew, since then I’ve been a slack off without feeling guilty about it, but what about today? Today, like so many days before it, I’ll pretend that this is my job. Downloading photos (parking) from my camera, uploading them to my server, and writing unrelated nonsense to go along with them. With my blog officially rounding towards two years old, I have to tell you, this does not pay commensurate with experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger daneatkinson said...

I thank you very kindly. I take great pride in knowing that someone else, especially of different cultural backgrounds can take pleasure in my art.

Cheers.

Thursday, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home