Sunday, September 25, 2005

the myriad of things thrown at me

Why do I trust the world? Why do I break my own rules? Why do I sometimes put true things on a blog thats perfectly happy with beautiful lies? I know when you'll die. I never know whats going on never care whats going on.

Being the dancing monkey that I am, I sometimes tend to take direction from those (even pimply faced adolescents) on power trips. Some peoples actions only further demonstrate the utter unprofessional conduct of the public schools here in the Ottawa valley, let alone a students unappreciativeness towards a solid education.

Growing up as a student here, I would urge you to start an action to have yourself allocated to a private school (art school even) or at the very least an insane asylum (for the free jello and play time.)

Earlier, someone had asked me how people fall over like anvils while somewhere in between the lines of corn starch statues and gregarious sex talk. I am going to publicly state that I will no longer be accepting offers from colleagues to attend parties (unless of course it is within a relaxed environment. Acoustic performances help too). Besides the myriad of things thrown at me as of late, both literally and aborad, I have simply reached a point where I am unable to overlook the idiotic behaviour of some in attendance of a get together and the amateurish handling of such. The other night, where I briefly described spending most of my time transfixed on the night sky, I was averting those who spent the majority of the night conducting themselves like school children in a stage of crisis.

With a vibrant past doused in shit due to alcoholic hooliganism, I gave grown through personal experience to know I really don’t care how much one feels entitled to drink themselves into a stupor. But, here’s the kicker, what really gets me fired up is that no one has the right to endanger the safety of others. If I experience anything of that nature again, I will stop and leave. After a life time of putting up with the drunk, immature, and moronic - I have reached my limit.

After witnessing this party with the sort of behaviour that I would expect from of little more than a glorified post secondary high school, never minding the fact that no one there ever confronted an artist and the creative genius behind making a statue made from corn starch.
I remember looking over at Sharon, my girlfriend, in the middle of the night and mouthing the words "I’m getting too old for this bullshit". She smiled, I nodded. I’m not too sure if she heard me. But I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home